The highlight of the Cricket Development calendar took place this week with nine teams competing in North and South country read more ...
Latest Local Cricket News
- WCA & House of Travel Masterton Wairarapa Cricket Association would like to welcome House of Travel Masterton on board as their latest supporter. House of travel have teamed up with the WCA in their latest fundraiser to assist in the development of junior and senior cricket. Take some time to have a look at the poster – Wairarapa Cricket Association & House of Travel Fundraiser
- Seth Rance – Central Districts Contract Central Districts have offered contracts to 14 players for the coming season (2015/16) and our man Seth Rance is one of those players. Read more here.
- NZ Cricket Level 1 & Level 2 coaching courses Central Districts will be hosting both the NZ Cricket Level 1 & Level 2 coaching courses. These courses are part of the certified qualified pathway for cricket coaching in NZ, and an extension from the Coaching A Team course. Further details can be obtained from Wairarapa Cricket Development & Operations Manager, but for now we are ...
- AGM – Wairarapa Cricket Association WCA held it’s AGM on Monday 20th July 2015 at The Wairarapa Sports House. The turn out was fantastic.
- JCB Representative Coaches & Managers – Expressions of Interest Wairarapa Junior Cricket are calling for expressions of interests for its various JCB representative sides for the coming season. If you are willing to or know people who may be interested, contact Operations & Development Manager. We already have some interested parties who have contacted us, and they are not required to forward their details ...
- Club & Team Registration – 2015/2016 Season In order to provide an appropriately planned Premier and Second Grade season for 2015/16, the WCA are asking that all Clubs, Schools and interested parties provide early registration / indication of interest of teams for these grades by 31 July 2015. Competition structures and draws will be based upon this information received. In addition an Affiliation Fee ...
Wairarapa Cricket Association is one of the smallest cricket districts in New Zealand. But it is one with a proud history. Formed in 1894-95, Wairarapa Cricket currently has three active senior clubs – Lansdowne, Red Star and Greytown (which is the second oldest cricket club in New Zealand). The senior competitions are complimented with the inclusion of teams from Wairarapa College, Rathkeale College, and Kuranui Old Boys. In the junior section we have representation from all of the above as well as Martinborough, Carterton and East Coast.
Locally we run four levels of competition, Premier where teams battle it out in Two Day (Tidwell Cup) and One Day (Umpires Cup) competitions on Saturdays and the T20 competition (The Rock) on Thursday evenings, Second Grade where there is a One Day competition which splits into two sections after a full round of competition and also a T20 competition. At secondary schools level we run a Junior competition. A number of our secondary school teams play in our senior and open grade competition. Junior Cricket (JCB) is played at three levels, Kiwi and Incrediball on Fridays and Hardball on Saturdays.
As well as local competitions we are proud of the success our small district produces in the representative arena with teams competing at Senior Hawke Cup and Chapple Cup level down through development sides, under age teams and junior. Wairarapa has had three periods of holding the prestigious Hawke Cup – the main trophy for district cricket. Firstly from 1920-21 to 1921-22, then again in 1950-51, and finally from 1976-77 to 1978-79, withstanding seven challenges.
Our newly restructured website has been put together as a central point for all Wairarapa cricket clubs, schools and social players to be able to check draws, send in results, view competition points and read news reports about rep matches, club games, inter-schools, special fixtures, our sponsors, coaching and development and any other information related to cricket in the Wairarapa.
We also hope that the website will be useful for visitors from outside the district wishing to find out cricket information from the Wairarapa District, whether it be history, contact details, or seeing who is performing in the local club and representative teams.
Since you are interested in us, we are interested in you.
To retain this interest we would like to stay in close contact with you, through newsletters and all events associated with Wairarapa Cricket.
Sign up here to join our database