The annual Big Bash social cricket Super 8′s tournament comes to a conclusion this evening with The Stihl team taking read more ...
Latest Local Cricket News
- 2013-14 Season Debrief Monday 24 March 2014 5.30pm – Longroom QE Park Oval Everyone welcome It’s your opportunity to review the season and to put forward your ideas for the future
- Wairarapa Cricket Draw – Senior Finals Weekend – 15-16 March 2014 WAIRARAPA CRICKET DRAW: 15-16 March 2014 FINALS WEEKEND SATURDAY-SUNDAY Bidwill Cup 10.30am Start both days Turkey Red Greytown v Red Star QE Park Oval Fourie/Sprowson Reserve Days 22-23 March SECOND GRADE CHAIRMAN’S CUP Saturday 1pm Start Red Star v 10 O’clock Cookie Greytown Greytown Campbell/Wootton Reserve Day 22 March BEN IVESON CUP - Saturday 1pm Start Lansdowne 3 v Rathkeale 2 Rathkeale Art Elliott/Cogdale Reserve Day 22 March
- Exciting Opportunity For Wairarapa Maori Cricketers Wairarapa Maori cricketers will have the opportunity to be part of an exciting new initiative in New Zealand Cricket being offered the chance to join a Wellington Maori XI to take on Northern Districts Maori in Taupo on March 23rd in two twenty twenty fixtures. Development officer Sammy Curtis who is assisting in the set up ...
- Volunteers wanted for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 The ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 will be jointly hosted by Australia and New Zealand in February and March 2015. Fourteen countries will compete for cricket’s ultimate prize. Around one million fans will attend. A further one billion people around the world are expected to watch match broadcasts. And just one team will make it happen. We ...
- Big Bash Final Tonight The annual Big Bash social cricket Super 8′s tournament comes to a conclusion this evening with The Stihl team taking on the Skulls at the Park Sports Ground in Masterton. The Skulls have been finalists in the annual competition, since its inception in 2011, and start as the favourites but the Stihl team produced a grand ...
Wairarapa Cricket Association is one of the smallest cricket districts in New Zealand. But it is one with a proud history. Formed in 1894-95, Wairarapa Cricket currently has four active senior clubs – Lansdowne, Red Star, Marist Old Boys, and Greytown (which is the second oldest cricket club in New Zealand). The senior competitions are complimented with the inclusion of teams from Wairarapa College, Rathkeale College, and Kuranui Old Boys. In the junior section we have representation from all of the above as well as Martinborough, Carterton and East Coast.
Locally we run four levels of competition, Premier where teams battle it out in Two Day and One Day competitions on Saturdays and the T20 competition on Thursday evenings, Second Grade where there is a One Day competition which splits into two sections after a full round of competition and also a T20 competition. At secondary schools level we run a Junior competition. A number of our secondary school teams play in our senior and open grade competition. Junior Cricket (JCB) is played at three levels, Kiwi and Incrediball on Fridays and Hardball on Saturdays.
As well as local competitions we are proud of the success our small district produces in the representative arena with teams competing at Senior Hawke Cup and Chapple Cup level down through development sides, under age teams and junior. Wairarapa has had three periods of holding the prestigious Hawke Cup – the main trophy for district cricket. Firstly from 1920-21 to 1921-22, then again in 1950-51, and finally from 1976-77 to 1978-79, withstanding seven challenges.
Our new restructured website has been put together as a central point for all Wairarapa cricket clubs, schools and social players to be able to check draws, send in results, view competition points and read news reports about rep matches, club games, inter-schools, special fixtures, our sponsors, coaching and development and any other information related to cricket in the Wairarapa.
We also hope that the website will be useful for visitors from outside the district wishing to find out cricket information from the Wairarapa District, whether it be history, contact details, or seeing who is performing in the local club and representative teams.
Since you are interested in us, we are interested in you.
To retain this interest we would like to stay in close contact with you, through newsletters and all events associated with Wairarapa Cricket.
Sign up here to join our database